Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Obama - Blueprint To Nightmare Part 1

Why Obama Scares Me - Part One - About Me

Anyone that knows me knows that I am from the middle with a conservative leaning. I have been passionate about programs/laws that have been brought forth by both parties. Over my life I have even endorsed the concepts forwarded by third party candidates. I am not sure if that makes me a maverick, independent, or some crazy but none the less here are my thoughts.

I honestly believed Hillary Clinton would be carrying the flag for the Democratic Party. I never believed Barack Obama would even be a top contender within his party. My reasoning was he lacked experience in all areas of government. He had zero management time, no time working within a budget, making a budget, and no true leadership rolls in his employment history.

I remember him from the 2004 Democratic Convention. He was good speaker but was not even in same league as John Kennedy, Ronald Ragen, Dr. Martin Luther King, or Bill Clinton. Each of these people had great strengths and weaknesses but each of them had a unique quality Obama lacked. They “talked the talk” but they also “walked the walk.” Because of his lack of experience, Obama could not even “crawl the crawl!”

As I watched the primary races come to past I started to wonder what where these people thinking? This guy comes out of Illinois with little record and was elected to the US Senate four years ago. That he had spent nearly all of the last two years away from the US Senate. He seldom returned to Washington to cast votes on key issues to represent the people of Illinois.

When he ended up with the nod of the Democratic Party I figured he would select Hillary Clinton. I knew it would be difficult, but she afforded a more moderate part of her party, was a woman, and knew her way around congress. Being the wife of former President Bill Clinton gave her eight years of highly insightful observation and sometimes hands on to the workings of our government. She was someone who had been a senator since 2001. Let alone she had a highly active role in Bill Clinton’s holding the office of Governor of Arkansas.

The thing I thought would be a problem for him selecting her was drive. While I do not agree with many, if not most of her ideas, I respect her for being the one out front on the issue. If the issue was going to succeed or fail she was going to be out there. I saw that as a problem for Obama, as she could overshadow him and his desire to be in the limelight would clash.

I believed Bill Clinton could also be a problem for Obama. Bill Clinton likes to speak his mind no matter what. While this trait is often welcome, Clinton’s view points could be possible troublesome for Obama down the road.

When Obama selected Senator Joe Biden from Delaware I first thought what the heck. The only thing he brings to Obama is someone who often makes the news, not so much for his views, but for his verbal attacks on people. Plus, he had a history of making “stupid” comments that played well on the news.

Biden was one that the media seldom went running to when they where looking for view points from key senators. When a group of the “top” democrat senators would appear before the microphone to explain their position Biden was seldom among them. Right or wrong, I had always perceived him as someone with tenure in the senate, but not a shaker.


Then it dawn on me that many in the media was saying that Mitch Romney was going to be McCain’s running mate. Biden could portray being a person of much less means then the often referred to rich Romney. Biden is one of the few that could get into a jousting verbal match with Romney and come close holding his own. So Biden seemed to make sense based on that limited criteria.

Because I did not know much about Obama I started to search the Internet. I first checked out some blogs that portrayed him the greatest thing since “sliced bread” to those that did not put him much higher then squashed ant. Postings on both sides seem so far over the top that they did not warrant further consideration for a source of information.

Then I started to google his name and other key words. I generally kept my looking at postings from mainstream media groups. This included the major television networks, cable news networks, and newspapers. While knowing all of them had their various political agendas, I read everything I could.

Well, I started become very concerned about the makeup of Obama. It was not what took place “on stage” before the public but what went on behind the scenes. I believe accidents happen and people are sometimes in the wrong place at the wrong time. But when a pattern keeps repeating itself and huge holes exist in a highly public life one has to wonder about what is the real makeup of the person. However, I am not going to dwell on that point now but will spell these issues out in later posts.

The next few posts deal with Obama's published “Blueprint For Change.” It can be viewed online at his site at http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/ObamaBlueprintForChange.pdf

What I am going to deal with in the next few posts is WHAT IS MISSING and not so much what is there. The only reason to walk you through this is to show how a carefully crafted document can mislead people.

We all have our hopes and with the condition of our country is working through we all are desperate for a brighter day. So it is natural to be pulled to a person who can deliver a smooth talking speech that sounds like that person has all the answers.

In everyday life situation we would be scared to death if a contractor came to our house to put in some new windows and he said to get your business he will put a new roof on and put up shutters for no extra money. Keep that logic in mind as you follow along.

No comments: