Saturday, September 1, 2007

Elkhart Co. & Indiana Needs Illegal Immigrates According To Gov.

On August 30th Gov. Mitch Daniels visited Indiana State University at Terre Haute. He held a question and answer session with some students. I read the following article the TribStar Newspaper that was written by Crystal Garcia. The complete article is at http://www.tribstar.com/news/local_story_242233935.html which covers more issues Daniels was asked about

"Regarding immigration, Daniels said, "There is no magic wand that anybody could wave that just immediately 13 million people would be gone back to wherever they came from. If I had that wand I wouldn’t wave it. Elkhart County would shut down. So would much of the rest of this state," he said.

Daniels added that until the federal government secures the borders and develops a system for those who already are here, there isn’t much the state government can do."

To say I am troubled would be an under statement. I think, at least I would have the Indiana State Police pick these people up and deliver them to the ICE office in Chicago. Hand the keys to the handcuffs to the ICE agent in charge and walk away.