Thursday, September 6, 2007

Sex Offender Haven In Northeast Fort Wayne?




While researching the previous post regarding SEX OFFENDER David E. Meyer of Northcrest Drive. A great shock came flickering on the computer screen when the Indiana Sex and Violent Offender Registry displayed where Meyer's lived.


Northcrest Drive is a street that connects Northcrest Shopping Center to the Northcrest Addition residential neighborhood. It is the only street for children to reach the Northcrest Shopping Center without traveling on Coldwater Road or North Clinton.



The neighborhood is a mix of young families and older residents. Many families purchase their first home in Northcrest. Most of the young children attend nearby Northcrest Elementary School that is located within the boarders of this addition. Northcrest Drive is only a few short blocks from this school!

Northcrest Shopping Center is a mixed use open air mall. It is composed of major retailers and small privately owned shops. It is common to spot children walking a lone, or in groups or ridding their bikes while visiting businesses in the center. Most of these children reach the shopping center by using Northcrest Drive.

The concerning part there are FOURTEEN, yes FOURTEEN SEX OFFENDERS living in a single block of Northcrest Drive. The block long street is composed of fourteen small apartment houses containing four apartments per building.

These fourteen appear to spread among just nine of the buildings. Eight are paired up in four buildings and two share the same apartment.

It should be noted that a couple of the men are registered sex offenders but have served their jail and probation time. However, they are "lifetime noticiation" persons.

(I just drove across town to this place and as they say real life is stranger then fiction. Outside playing in front of one of the buildings where three girls and one boy. The oldest could not have been older then ten.)

This is a potential breeding grounds for future sex crimes that everyone hates. Allowing this group to maintain there close living arrangement with one another is just inviting a disaster to happen.


In Indiana, it is generally a probation violation for a convicted felon to knowingly be in contact with another felon. One has to wonder how many of these felons are violating their probation?

We all should hope that the Prosecuting Attorney, Allen County Probation Department, Allen County Sheriff Department and Fort Wayne Police keep this group watched with a very close eye. If they don't know they are all living so close each other then shame on them. Of course some child may pay a dear price for their lack of attention.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, so now you're stealing from AWB's blog? He blogged this here and here.

I know your intentions are good but how about something original?

J Q Taxpayer said...

1- I never saw his post before on this subject.

I do try to read most of the bloggers postings here in Fort Wayne. Some times I learn, some times I smile, and some times I shake my head.

I also read the two Fort Wayne papers, watch the "two" local TV news, and read between six to eight newspapers online from around the country. And some days I do not get to all of it.


2- Correct me if I am wrong but his posting never included Northcrest Drive. While I remember reading about the one hotel some time ago I had forgotten about it until I saw his post that you sent me to. Thanks


3- The elem. school is between 750-900 feet from these people. Down the street and around one corner.


4- Women from this addition often walk their children from this neighborhood right down this block to get to Northcrest Shopping Center. It is the only way without going out on to Coldwater Road or North Clinton.

5- Besides Northcrest Addition there is also joining addition north of it called Northcrest Woods. My guess we are talking 600-800 homes in the area. Many children ride their bikes right down this block to get to Northcrest Shopping Center. Others walk the sidewalks right in front of these aparments, less then fifty feet to their front doors.

6- Nearly all of these people are convicted of CHILD MOLESTING.

This is not some place "sort of" out of the way. This has them lined up on both sides of the street. This is a time bomb one has to wonder not if it will go off, but when it will go off!

While a few studies say otherwise I just don't see a group of males convicted of nearly the same crimes living in a one block area and children be present hourly.

How many residents within 150 feet of these people have ever been told that 14, excuse me 13 now that one is locked up, is living so close to them and their children?

I seek no fight with AWG or any of the other bloggers. That crap can go on between bloggers that want to do such. Just count me out.

I am just trying to point out things that I see as wrong, state my case the best I can, and move on.

To be honest with you I wish every blogger in Fort Wayne would jump all over this one. This is wrong and I mean, so wrong!

I do thank you for sharing your thoughts. I wish more people would speak up and say what is on their mind. I know I learn from hearing others talk. Other people's comments help convince me in what I may say, or I need to do more research, or I need to rethink my position, or that I could be wrong.

Any time you want to stop by and post some comment you are more then welcome. All I ask is it meets my standards that I state at the top of this blog.

Take care J. Q. Taxpayer

David C Roach said...

boycott businesses who employ baby rapers!. expose landlords and motel owners who rent to baby rapers. buy them a bus ticket out of town.
there are 500 baby rapers in FTW- thats 1 per sq mile in allen county, and if you take a 7 mile radius from downtown, the density goes way up from there.
So why do all the politicians want us allto move downtown? so we can expose our kids to baby rapers, on a more frequent basis, increasing the risk the baby rapers might go off the reservation?
yea right.